Pain is the issue, but not really, it’s the symptom. Even though we can help your PAIN with your first treatment, we still need to understand YOUR issues to learn how to correct them long term.. This is where we’re different. With over 30 years of natural (drug free) pain management experience, Dr. Cohen will not only look to treat your pain short term, but address the root underlying issue that’s causing your chronic pain to treat it long term as well. Learn about some of the pain relief and treatment methods that Dr. Cohen specializes in below.
The World Health Organization recognizes more than 30 diseases that can be helped by acupuncture treatment. However, one of the main uses of acupuncture is for pain relief.
Acupuncture is thought to cause the stimulated muscles to send a message to the central nervous system (the brain and spinal cord), causing the release of endorphins (morphine-like chemicals produced in our own bodies during times of pain or stress). Endorphins, along with other neurotransmitters (body chemicals that modify nerve impulses, including dopamine, Serotonin, GABA), block the message of pain from being delivered to the brain.
Acupuncture helps in many pain-related conditions, including: headache, lower back pain, menstrual cramps, carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis and myofascial pain.
In study after study, chiropractic treatment has shown that it can reduce pain and allow you to resume your life and lifestyle faster than any other method. Chiropractic techniques differ depending on the type of pain and all treatments are personalized to get you to your goals fast and safely.
3. Functional Neurology
This practice is used to pinpoint the location of subluxation and the causes of neuropathy. In other words, any abnormal symptoms are due to an imbalance in brain function. This type of brain imbalance appears wide spread in our aging population. Look what we tend to have in common when we get older:
- loss of memory, hearing, taste, vision, smell, taste
- increased blood pressure
- loss of digestive function, sexual function, bladder control
- decreased immune function
- increased incidence of illness such as cancer
- balance disorders and increased tendency to fall
We could find many more examples but to say these are not OK, is understated right?
4. Cutting Edge Technology
Check out the cutting edge technology that we utilize to help promote faster healing from injury and pain relief via inflammation reduction:
- Biomodulator Therapy – The Biomodulator uses Biofeedback and Neuromodulation technology designed to stimulate the body’s natural release of nitric oxide, endorphins and neuropeptides into the blood stream, and increases ATP in the cells. All designed to help promote faster healing from injury and reducing inflammation leading to pain relief. Learn more at our Biomodulator Therapy page here
- PEMF Therapy (Pulse Electrical Magnetic Frequency) – This device helps degenerative disc problems by reducing muscle spasm, relieving pain, reducing inflammation of the nerve being compressed by the disc, and improving circulation to the area via electro magnetic waves. Learn more at our PEMF Therapy page here
- Shock Wave Therapy – This is a relatively new and amazingly effective technology in treating chronic pain. However, this same technology has been a used as successful treatment for kidney stones for years. Learn more at our Shock Wave Therapy page here
- Cold Laser Therapy – This is another time tested treatment that can help stimulate healing as well as bring fast and effective pain relief by stimulating cell growth. Learn more at our Cold Laser Therapy page here
Go beyond relief of your pain by calling us today at 252-329-7246 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Cohen.