Pain is the issue, but not really, it’s the symptom. Even though we can help your PAIN with your first treatment, we still need to understand YOUR issues to learn how to correct them long term.. This is where we’re different. With over 30 years of natural (drug free) pain management experience, Dr. Cohen will not only look to treat your pain short term, but address the root underlying issue that’s causing your chronic pain to treat it long term as well. Learn about some of the pain relief and treatment methods that Dr. Cohen specializes in below.
New Patient Special for May:
**For all new patients throughout the month of May, receive one FREE Reiki Massage Therapy session (not an actual massage). Learn more about what Reiki therapy is and how it can potentially help you here.**
The World Health Organization recognizes more than 30 diseases that can be helped by acupuncture treatment. However, one of the main uses of acupuncture is for pain relief.
Acupuncture is thought to cause the stimulated muscles to send a message to the central nervous system (the brain and spinal cord), causing the release of endorphins (morphine-like chemicals produced in our own bodies during times of pain or stress). Endorphins, along with other neurotransmitters (body chemicals that modify nerve impulses, including dopamine, Serotonin, GABA), block the message of pain from being delivered to the brain.
Acupuncture helps in many pain-related conditions, including: headache, lower back pain, menstrual cramps, carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis and myofascial pain.
In study after study, chiropractic treatment has shown that it can reduce pain and allow you to resume your life and lifestyle faster than any other method. Chiropractic techniques differ depending on the type of pain and all treatments are personalized to get you to your goals fast and safely.
3. Functional Neurology: to pinpoint the location of subluxation and the causes of neuropathy. In other words, any abnormal symptoms are due to an imbalance in brain function.
This type of brain imbalance appears wide spread in our aging population. Look what we tend to have in common when we get older:
- loss of memory, hearing, taste, vision, smell, taste
- increased blood pressure
- loss of digestive function, sexual function, bladder control
- decreased immune function
- increased incidence of illness such as cancer
- balance disorders and increased tendency to fall
We could find many more examples but to say these are not OK, is understated right?
4. PEMF (Pulse Electrical Magnetic Frequency)
Pulse Electrical Magnetic Frequency, or PEMFs help degenerative disc problems by reducing muscle spasm, relieving pain, reducing inflammation of the nerve being compressed by the disc, and improving circulation to the area. PEMFs allow for reducing the need for medications, physical therapy and chiropractic. With some patients the need for these services are completely eliminated. They also tend to reduce or eliminate the need for steroid injections into the back, which only provide temporary relief, anyway. Check out this Dr. Oz video explaining the benefits of PEMF therapy in more detail.
5. Shock Wave Therapy is a relatively new and amazingly effective technology in treating chronic pain which has been a used as successful treatment for kidney stones for years.
6. Laser Pain Relief is another time tested treatment that can bring quick and cost effective results.
Contact us to begin relieving your pain today.