Hello, I’m Dr. Steven Cohen and I’d like to take a minute to welcome you to Go Beyond Relief Wellness Center. As a practitioner of functional and naturopathic medicine for over 30 years now, you’ll discover upon visiting us, or even just browsing around our website that we do things a bit differently than your traditional doctor may, we believe different in a positive way that is.
- We believe that the doctor – patient relationship is special, and that there shouldn’t be an intermediary person to act as a constant buffer of direct communication between you and your physician
- We believe that although professionalism is extremely important, that doesn’t mean being greeted with a friendly smile or making the treatment process as enjoyable as possible can’t co-exist with the highest of professional standards
- Most importantly, as a practitioner of functional and naturopathic medicine, we believe that the symptom is not what is to be directly treated. In contrast, we believe that the symptom is simply a signal of whatever the true root cause is. Thus providing a trail of breadcrumbs to follow back to the root cause of the symptoms that needs to be treated in order to actually cure whatever the foundational health issue may be. Whereas the traditional medical philosophy tends to simply throw drugs at the symptom, rarely leading to much progress without a digression of side effects in other areas. Simply allowing the real root cause, and therefore it’s symptoms to only worsen over time. This endless circle of sickness only ends up costing the patient time, money and invaluable peace of mind in a never ending cycle of doctor visits and prescription re-fills
Don’t just take it from us, learn more about the benefits of functional medicine from one of the most renowned and respected medical institutions in the world, The Cleveland Clinic here.
Our Treatment Process:
Once we’ve gone through the thorough testing process of determining what the root cause of your symptoms may be. Dr. Cohen will then create a personalized treatment plan based on your unique medical history, utilizing a variety of different treatment methods including, but not limited to:
- Customized Nutrition Plans – What we put into our body is the cause of most chronic disease and health issues, as well as the cure
- PEMF (Pulse Electrical Magnetic Frequency)
- Amongst much more..
All designed to cohesively work together in order to directly treat that root cause at a foundational level. All with the end goal in mind of permanently correcting the health issue once and for all by restoring your body’s systems from being dis-functional, to seamlessly functional once again.
New Patient Special for June:
**For all new patients throughout the month of June, receive one FREE Reiki Massage Therapy session (not an actual massage). Learn more about what Reiki therapy is and how it can potentially help you here.**
We encourage you to take a moment to browse around our site, as well as our blog to become more familiar with who we are and what we do. Here are a few blog article links that we feel would be helpful in doing so:
- Functional Medicine vs. Conventional Medicine – So What’s the Difference?
- Should You Consider Naturopathic Medicine?
- 5 Misconceptions About Alternative Medicine Today
- The Science and History Behind Acupuncture
- How Applied Kinesiology can Work for You
- Leaky Gut Syndrome – Cause and Treatment
- Hypothyroidism Symptoms and Risk Factors
- Are You at Risk of Peripheral Neuropathy
- Treating Chronic Pain Without Opiates – Part 1
- Treating Chronic Pain Without Opiates – Part 2
- Is Chronic Stress Ruining Your Health?
- Hormone Imbalances and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Is a Gluten Free Diet Right for You?
- Does Eating Fat Make you Fat?
Have a question, we’re here to help! Whether you’re looking to schedule an appointment, or have a question, just give us a call at 252-329-7246 or use our contact form below. We look forward to hearing from you! (View a map of our location here)